From the experience gained in the roofing sector, Omnia Strutture has designed and patented a new system for laying and fixing photovoltaic panels.
The Omniablok photovoltaic panels for flat or sloped roofs are born with the idea and the goal of creating a structure that allows to install the photovoltaic modules without drilling the roofing, what is the first big advantage and the basic concept for the which the system was conceived.
What are the characteristics of the Omniablok node?
- It is an aluminum casting, Alloy EN AB 46100
- It consists of two elements, a male and a female one, and combines the grids that make up the photovoltaic structure thanks to a central M16 screw
- The four cross-ties allow the laying into the housing of the solar panels, speeding up the installation and conveying aesthetic regularity to the plant
What are the features and advantages of the Omniablok system?
- The structure, totally connected, creates a single body that does not need fixings or ballast
- The fixing of the panels, fastened on the corners through an aluminum washer, provided with a central M6 screw, allows the natural expansion of the solar panel itself avoiding breakages in the photovoltaic sheets, sometimes caused by the restraint point of the traditional fixing systems currently in use
- Fast assembly without holes: the mounting system using only cordless screwdrivers with hexagon inserts allows you to install, any 4 operators, up to 700 photovoltaic modules per day on a sloped roof and up to 250 on a flat one. The structure is fixed at the ridge point and only for single-pitched roof systems
- Materials used: the grids are made of internally and externally galvanized steel with a thickness of 3 mm and the Omniablok node is made of cast aluminum. For this reason, the Omniablok photovoltaic panel structures are weather resistant, as shown in the guarantee document, but at the same time lightweight [6.7 kg / m² for sloped roof, 9.9 kg / m² for flat roof]
- The system allows the solar panels to rest on the entire perimeter, so both during laying and during the cleaning phase, the system becomes walkable on the frames, thus avoiding bending of the photovoltaic sheets that could also cause damage to the internal cells
- The grids are forged to measure depending on the size of the photovoltaic module allowing the installation of customized photovoltaic panels
- The "Omnia" technical staff follows the user in the design and, upon request, certifies the correct execution with a technical report about the wind action, drawn up by our engineers, following the regulations of the Country of installation
- The "Omniablok" consists in a cast of light alloy, the grids are in hot-dip galvanized S235 steel, the bolts are 8.8 class galvanized 8 micron and branded "Omnia"
One of the most important installation references for the Omniablok system is the construction of a photovoltaic system on a hangar at Geneva Airport: 739 modules were installed on the roof and 179 on the façade. The roof structure, composed of IPE 120 beams and Omnia / Omniablok structure, was designed, produced and installed entirely by the Omnia Spatial Structures staff. The roofing was not drilled and the entire plant was calculated to withstand a wind pressure of 250 km / h in compliance with airport regulations.
Download our catalogs and discover the Omniablok System